- Experienced Professional
- Design and Architecture
We are smava, the online loan comparison platform. We are one of the three largest Fintech-employers in Germany. Our mission is to revolutionize the loans market by making it fair and transparent. smava finds the best loans for everyone: fast, convenient and cost effective. We are in the third stage of innovation in the finance industry: first ATM’s, then online-banking, now digital loans by smava! This is also why we were awarded as Innovator 2018. All of this was achieved thanks to more than 400 employees. Become a part of the smava-story now!
Product (UI) Designer – Freelancer (3-6 months) (m/f)
Are you looking for your next UX challenge? We are smava, one of the most successful German FinTech startups and want to go to the next level. Now we are looking for someone who will support us in our Berlin office!
smava Design Team works closely with product managers, developers, business intelligence and web analytics in cross-functional teams. We discover new products and find best solutions on already existing ones, observing user behaviors and understanding their needs and motivations. The Design Team at smava is the advocate for User Centered Design, spreading this new mindset across the company.
The individuals and teams are given as much as autonomy as possible so they can innovate the design across the whole product quickly. Besides creating, learning and innovating you will actually have a lot of fun 🙂
Here is what you are good at
- You are very good at churning out great user interfaces and also tweak the existing ones
- With around 2+ years of experience, you can create prototypes and interactions
- You take feedback with the right spirit and also give constructive back
- You can be the easy-going/super sweet/helpful person who fosters collaboration with others
- You continuously improve the current designs for the future and also share great insights from your past
- You are the gatekeeper/Gandalf of the great design – nothing ok-ok shall pass you
- In the future you see yourself as a leader and a mentor
- You are flexible in using the common design tools and even switching to a new one whenever needed
- You are a person with the love for aesthetics
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS is a plus
What will you do at smava?
smava Product Designers work closely with other designer peers, product managers and developers in strong, agile teams and provide solutions the business requirements through understanding user needs and motivations.
You, as a freelancer will be a part of the whole smava product development cycle, supporting various teams on diverse UI tasks. Your first challenge might be, for example:
- Optimizing designs and flows
- Evolving brand empowerment throughout our product
Did we get your attention? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application including:
- CV, salary expectations and the earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.