Data protection declaration specifically for the application process
Protecting your personal data throughout the whole application process is important to us and we want you to feel secure when you visit our website.
are the data controller in the meaning intended under data protection laws. The data protection laws of the European Union apply.
In the following we explain what information we collect during your application process and how this is used.
1. Personal data
Personal data means individual items of data relating to the personal or professional circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, your address, your telephone number and your date of birth.
2. Collecting and processing personal data
a) Use of the website
When you use our website, the only personal data that we save is your IP address in the server log. We also routinely save additional technical, non-personal data in our server logs, namely
- the website from which you accessed our pages,
- the name of your Internet service provider,
- the browser and operating system you use (including information on the version of each)
- which pages within our website you have visited and
- the date and duration of your visit.
b) Application process
We also offer an applications portal which you can use to apply for vacancies at smava. In this case we collect the following data from you:
- Compulsory information: First and surnames
- Voluntary information: ate of birth, address, academic level and Gender. We only collect Gender information for statistical purposes, without using this as a hiring criteria.
- Compulsory information: e-mail address
- Voluntary information: telephone number./ cell phone number., fax number, e-mail address
- Information disclosed (from third parties)
- Data relating to the assessment and evaluation in the application process
- Data on your education (schools, vocational training, civil/military service, studies, doctorate)
- Data on your career to date, training and professional certificates
- Information on other qualifications (e.g. language skills, PC skills, volunteer positions)
- The photo submitted with the application
- Information on the requested salary
- Application history
3. Use and passing on of data
We only use the technical information which you provide for security purposes and to optimize our Internet presence.
Your personal data are only made available to those persons involved in the application process. All members of staff involved in processing the data are obliged to keep your data confidential.
For operating our applications portal and managing your application we use the technical solution “Greenhouse” from the company Greenhouse Software, Inc., 18 W 18th Street, 11th Floor. The data provided by you are stored and processed on our behalf by Greenhouse and on servers in the USA . Any storage and processing is taking place based on EU-Standard-Contractual-Clauses. Although this already ensures a high level of data protection, it cannot be guaranteed with absolute certainty that European data protection standards will be complied with in the event of a transfer of personal data to the United States of America, as these data cannot be protected from state intervention. . Further information on Greenhouse is available at: https://www.greenhouse.io/.
We use the services of www.jotform.com (JotForm Inc. 1700 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA) to collect data using online forms. The data sent via the integrated form is ssl-encrypted and transmitted to JotForm servers located and stored in Germany. Any storage and processing is taking place based on EU-Standard-Contractual-Clauses. Although this already ensures a high level of data protection, it cannot be guaranteed with absolute certainty that European data protection standards will be complied with in the event of a transfer of personal data to the United States of America, as these data cannot be protected from state intervention.Further information on the processing of data by JotForm can be found at www.jotform/privacy.
Other than this, we will not pass your data on to any third parties unless you have explicitly authorized us to do so or unless we are obliged to do so as a result of statutory provisions and/or orders from the authorities or the courts.
We may offer you the option to participate in a survey about your satisfaction with the application process. These are carried out in order to understand your experience with the application process. The information provided in the survey will be processed for internal purposes, e.g. control and improvement of our processes. The processing is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The data will be anonymized immediately after submission of the feedback, so that the data cannot be traced back to you.
4. Storage and deletion of data
Your application data are automatically deleted six months after conclusion of the concrete application process unless any statutory provisions prevent erasure, or if continued storage for the purposes of providing evidence is necessary or if you have explicitly authorized us to store them for a longer period. The IP addresses are automatically deleted after 7 days.
5. Talent Pool
If you have decided to be entered into the talent pool, this means that anybody in the company is able to access your personal data if they have a position to fill. Entry to the talent pool is by invitation from one of our recruiters. If you have agreed to a longer storage of your data in our talent pool, your data will be stored for another 3 years. You can revoke your consent at any time in text form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with effect for the future.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Necessary cookies (to make everything work) These cookies are essential for the basic functions of the website and cannot be disabled in your systems.
- Performance Cookies (to optimize the website) These cookies collect data about the usage behavior of the website visitors. This enables us to measure and improve the performance of our website.
- Marketing Cookies (advertising that suits you) These cookies are used by us and our advertising partners to display personalised advertising. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
You will find a detailed list of the cookies we use in the cookie settings for more information.
7. Internet-specific services
If you wish to prevent the tracking procedure, you can avoid a cookie being associated with your computer. In order to do this you can, for example, set your browser software settings to prevent cookies from being saved in general. With Google Analytics 360 information on your usage can still be collected even if you have deactivated cookies. This service also enables us to analyze activity on our website across devices (e.g. if it is accessed via a PC and subsequently via a tablet or a smartphone). For this purpose you are allocated an individual “User ID” as a pseudonym. In view of the discussion on the use of analytical tools with complete IP addresses, we would like to point out again that this website uses Google Analytics 360 with the extension “_anonymizeIp()” and that IP addresses are therefore generally only processed in truncated form in order to ensure that they cannot be directly linked to a particular individual.
You can, however, prevent the collection of data relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available from the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
You will find further information on the collection and use of data by Google in Google’s privacy statement (http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/).
In order to comply fully with the particular requirements of data protection we employ all the technical and organizational security measures necessary to protect your personal data against loss or misuse.
9. Rights to information, rectification, erasure and blocking and the right to object
You have the right to demand information on the data we have stored in connection with you as well as the source, recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data is passed on and the reason for storing it at any time.
You can object to the use of your data for the aforementioned purposes at any time, with effect for the future. You are further entitled to revoke authorization for the collection, processing and use of your personal data (authorization pursuant to the data protection laws) previously granted to us at any time, with effect for the future.
Furthermore, you have the opportunity to correct your personal information, to have it blocked or deleted by us.
For any information, to request information on your data or to object to processing of your data, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com